RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I just recently installed an on demand Atwood OD5001

Customer Question
Hello, I just recently installed an...
I just recently installed an on demand Atwood OD5001 50K BTU Water Heater, MFG#90205.
I am getting hot water initially for a second but then only luke warm after that. I'm reading a lot of negative comments about this product. By chance do you know of a solution that I can get this working before removing it and going back to a 6 gal tank water heater
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
4/29/2016
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 1 year ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
This make and model and the Girard models are not the best designs and give lots of problems. I would either go back to the OEM water heater or bit the bullet and get one from PrecisionTemp for about $1,200 and have a good one. I only use that brand in my own shop for people who want one. I have had really good performance with those. A am adding a link to their site so you can check that out. I can tell you on the others that both water pressure and gas pressure have to be maintained EXACTLY for them to work properly and that is hard to do! Hope this proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more input and please select a rating as that is the only way I get credit here for assisting you. It does not end the question and answer exchange. No time limit on that. Thanks for bringing your question to Just Answer! http://www.precisiontemp.com/
Just checking back to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional input from me?
Randall
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification