Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

We did not see any valves

Customer Question

We did not see any valves
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
The will be on the REAR of the water heater and accessed from inside the trailer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We r looking
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
There will be either one, two or three valves on the water lines coming into the water heater.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We saw water heater on outside but cannot find it inside
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
You may have to look under the sink or one of the cabinets. Measure from one end of the trailer and then inside to see where it would be.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
I am attaching a photo of what this should look like from the back. This one has 3 valves. There are other setups. Give me that and I can direct you in what to do. https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.Mee0dd79a119bed9d85e687aa074bb480o0&w=300&h=234&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have looked everywhere in this camper & cannot find it
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
It has to be there.......perhaps if the water heater is below the floorline, the back will be accessed from one of the service bays. I can't tell from your photo.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
You may have to remove a wall panel in there to get to it. Not a great design, but it happens.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Can you post a photo of more of the side of the trailer and perhaps I can tell you. Get as much of the side as you can around the water heater.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
What is on that wall inside about where the water heater would be based on the distance from the nearest corner of the trailer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Great! And those valves are in the "use" position so water should flow in and out of the water heater. Are you trying to use in on LP mode or AC mode? I can't see down in the lower left hand corner on the front to see if there is a black on/off switch there. Feel the relief valve (brass) on the outside. Is it warm or not?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We turned the switch of in pic and now it's getting hot. I don't understand
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
If there is a black "on/off" switch down in the lower left hand corner in the front, be sure that is "on" or the water won't heat. Most trailers have an additional switch inside in the kitchen area for the AC element as well. The LP mode switch has a red light that will come on when it goes into ignition and then turn off once it was fired up. Then it runs until thew water reaches the proper temp and shuts off. It will start again automatically once it cools down again so long as the switch stays on. Hope that proves helpful.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
That is the LP mode switch and you should hear the "roar" of the heating, especially if you go outside. This model may not have an AC mode. It takes about 30 minutes to get hot. Have the LP pressure checked about once a year at the tank regulator to be sure the working pressure is correct. Inspect the outside on a regular basis to be sure bugs aren't getting into the burner. They love the smell of the ethyl mercaptan in the LP. Please feel free to select a rating for my assistance to you as that is the only way I get credit for helping you. Thanks for bringing your question to Just Answer!
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Just checking back to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional input from me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is resolved. Thankd
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Great! Thanks for letting me know and for coming to Just Answer with your question.