Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 1991 lance camper with a 2.5 GEN set Onan generator

Customer Question

I have a 1991 lance camper with a 2.5 GEN set Onan generator it will run for three minutes and shut down then start up the following morning maybe that evening very consistent on this problem
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
One of the most common causes of this is a failing fuel pump. Sometimes you can set your watch by how long it will run until it conks out. I had one recently in my shop that would run about 18 minutes and quit. Changed the pump out and now it is fine again. You should check all the other things like low oil and dirty filters to be sure and try to see if it might be overheating. Restricted air flow can do this. So check those things and get back to me if you need more on this as all follow ups are included in our fee.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need more input from me here?