RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Bought a brand new Keystone Mobtana Fifth Wheel 3440 Model.

First time using the RV. I...
First time using the RV.
I have propane on.
Water heater works.
Stove works.
However, furnace will not kick on.
Fan run on furnace setting only.
Dometic thermostat(###) ###-####
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/26/2016
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 6 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is***** when you go to use the furnace is the blower motor coming on? IF it is coming ON can you hear it trying to spark? Robert
We can hear a fan running but not sure if it is a blower.Doesn't sound like a spark igniter.I pulledthecover off the heater panel and there are no buttons of any type to switch on or off.Montana fifth wheel.The fan cuts off when turned to auto.
OK IF you go to the outside of the RV you should have an exhaust port for the furnace, if the fan is running then you will feel air coming out of the exhaust. It would be cool air if it did not light off, as soon as you set the mode to furnace and select zone and raise the temp the fan should kick on, then after about 30 seconds it should start to spark and then light off, if it does not light off normally within 3 tries it will shut down. IF it is not sparking check your DC battery voltage if the voltage was under 11 volts then the fan might not be spinning fast enough to close a sail switch, once the sail switch closes it passes a signal to the circuit board on the furnance and then it will start to spark. IF the voltage was low the fan would spin but not fast enough to close the sail switch and you would never get spark.IF the fan is not coming on at all then it could be a thermostat, upper control board in the AC unit or circuit board on the furnance, some furnances do have an on/off switch or round circuit breaker on them.IF the fan is not coming on at all I would verify operation, click HERE..... IF no fuses or breakers are tripped or blown I would have the dealer take a look, being a 2016 any issues should be covered under warranty. Robert
I've done those things. The battery if fully chargedDo you know where the fuse box is on our unit?Bought this from Camping World and received no orientation other than hooking up to truck.
OK It should be inside, it should be next to the breakers, many times that fuse box will have wood finish like the rest of the cabinets and can be under the fridge, on the base of the bed or in the closet. Normally they are always inside. I might get a hold of the selling dealer on this one and see if they can get you in somewhere to have it looked at under warranty. If you are selecting furnace on the T-stat and raise the temp on each zone it should be coming on... RObert
We found the fuse box and a red light is on next to the 15 AMap fuse which says furnace.
Pretty sure if the red light is on the fuse is blown. I might try and swap one out with another fuse same size and see what happens. IF that fuse blows then you have a short somewhere and would require a trip to the dealer. If you pull the fuse and the contact inside is broken the fuse is blown... Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
You earned your money. We fixed it.Thank you.How do I give you a positive rating.
Good Job!!!! You should be able to select a rating at the top of the page...... I got it, Thanks!!!!