RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Norcold fridge quit working . no flashing lights , all fuses…

Norcold fridge quit working...
Norcold fridge quit working . no flashing lights , all fuses good , tested heater ok . RV fridge
4/25/2016
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 6 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is***** is the model number of the Norcold? You mention the sensor? IS this a Norcold 1200? If so there is a high temp sensor or should be as it was a recall, that sensor is located under the outside access panel, normally clipped to the absorber coils if you see that is the RED light ON? Robert
N811R model # 16366735 serial # ***** the green light is on as if all is normal . I will check high temp sensor .
OK So what is the exact issue if the green light is ON? Will it fire off on LP and it is just not cooling? So it appears to be working on both AC and LP but not cooling off? Robert This one should not have the high limit sensor I was talking about but you do want to check the flue canister for a tiny disc with a button on it, some had that style, the small button would pop out when it trips..... Robert
fridge or are not working .yes checked flue canister its ok
Sorry trying to understand the exact issue, the fridge is turning ON (green light) is the fridge running on LP or AC and not cooling? Robert
fridge and freezer not working every thing has thawed out. But green light is on indicating nothing is wrong . in either electric or LPG .
OK Can you verify that the flame is going on LP? IS the flue canister VERY hot to the touch? The flue canister will be located outside under the access panel, vertical pipe that is above the burner tube or where the flame is.Robert
yes the flame is on and canister is hot .
OK This may not be good news, normally NO codes and no cooling on both LP and AC can be an issue with the cooling unit or thermistor, if you have a volt meter you can ohm out the thermistor. Click HERE and see page 20, you can also unplug it and after several hours the box should get very cold, it would go into back up operating mode. IF it does not cool off at all then it sounds like the cooling unit. A cooling unit casn become blocked or rupture. For a rupture you might hear a gurgle when it is running, see a yellowish powder on the back of the absorber coils OR smell ammonia. For a blockage you might not have any symptoms at all but no cooling on both sources, the absorber coils should feel nice and warm from top to bottom no cool or hot spots. IF the fridge is not level, re-level and let it sit for a few hours and try again. Normally when a blockage occurs the cooling unit has to be replaced.
Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic