RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I own a 2015 prism 2150LE that was winterized with the fresh

Customer Question
water tank valve open. How do...
I own a 2015 prism 2150LE that was winterized with the fresh water tank valve open.
How do I close the valve?
There is a round panel in the storage area where i was told the valve is.
I opened the panel and there are 3 valves in triangle payout.
I appreciate you prompt response.
Alan
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
4/25/2016
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is***** when you winterize you would bypass the water heater and they will have a hot, cold and bypass, the hot andcold should be open or valve handle running with the pipe and the bypass closed or valve handle running against the pipe. IF the valves were shut it will take a few mins to get pressure as the water heater has to fill up, you would feel air and then the water should follow. Might need to see a picture of the valves you are seeing, you should be able to add a photo into your reply using the paper clip icon.... Robert
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The fresh water tank will not fill. The valve is open I guess. How do I close that valve?
OK Normally you would have a valve next to the city water connector and it would say something like tank fill and normal. IF you do not see a valve look for another open port away from the plumbing bay that is a gravity fill. Some do not have a valve but a gravity fill that is not threaded you just drop the hose in and turn the water on and the tank will fill. Let me see if I can find a manual on this... Robert
OK So I looked in the manual and you do have a gravity fill so all you have to do is put water into that port, this is what it says.... Filling the Fresh Water Tank:Remove the water fill cap.NOTE:Do not leave unattended while filling.Water can now be added directly to the tank through the fill spout by use of a known clean hose or bucket, used only for this purpose.When the tank is full, replace the water fill cap. The Fill Cap is for filling the tank. The City Water Fill connects to campsite water.
the center one would be the gravity or tank fill one is city water and the other is to flush out the black tank.
Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert
Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic