Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

My refrigerator, bathroom light, exhaust fan, and ceiling light

Customer Question

My refrigerator, bathroom light, exhaust fan, and ceiling light near the refrigerator have all stopped working. Any idea what could cause this?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
IF you have checked all the fuses or breakers and find them o.k. then it might be a bad ground lead as they probably share that together. I wouldn't rule out the batteries if you haven't had them serviced or load tested. I would check that as well and then get back to me if we need to dig deeper into this as all follow ups are included in our fee.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do i check the ground lead?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
We usually hook up a test ground to the circuit and see if that works. The rear of the fridge is the best place.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I unplugged the refrigerator and turned the power converter to charge the battery and after a few hours everything came back on. However as soon as I plugged the refrigerator back in to get it back on ac power instead of LP within minutes the lights stopped working and the refrigerator went back off.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
That pretty much indicates that the battery(s) may need attention or replacing. Check those and see. It might be low water in them or dirty cables. IF you do take them out to be tested, be sure you mark the cables well so you can get them hooked up again the same way. Easy to get this wrong if you don't. Hope that helps here.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this or do you still need some additional input from me here?