RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

How do you find the leaks I had it filled the air but I don't

Customer Question
think he put oil in...
How do you find the leaks I had it filled the air but I don't think he put oil in it the doors ther is 3 of then and one under hood the hose get cold going int tbe air box is there any other doors that open and shut
JA: I'm here.
Customer: can you get manuals for the cab air 1988 travler2
JA: Leaks can be annoying and tough to diagnose, but the good news is the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Other than the leak, how has the car been running?
Customer: Just put new compressor The guy filled it and the hose going into the box indide the motor is cold is ther a way to get into the box by pulling the fan out to see if ther is a door inside.
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to guys for all things leaks and leaking for a diagnosis.
Customer: I live just outside of aurora,Utah Need help I live betweenaurora ans salina Thanks 531 E Praire Ln Aurora
JA: I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I don't no how to do it
JA: Anything else I can tell the RV Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
4/20/2016
RV Mechanic: spankyjr1, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
spankyjr1
spankyjr1, RV Mechanic
New a/c compressors usually come without any oil, at the very least oil level should have been checked prior to compressor install, or it would have locked up already. On this model if you had a door issue a/c would still work, it just may not blow out correct vent, IE, dash , floor, defrostThe line you say gets cold going into box, if that same line does not ice over at the fitting ends the system is still low on freon and will need to be re-filled to correct level. From the sounds of it the system is still low on freon.I would not pull anything apart at this time until system is checked out.One thing you can try is use a pair of needle nose vise grips and crimp off one off the heater hoses going into box enough so it blocks flow, what can happen is the heater control valve may be leaking by and that will cause warm/hot air and over take the a/c system making you think it's a a/c issue when it's a heater control valve issue. After crimping line see if cab gets cold.If you would like to discuss over the phone let me know?I can explain the entire system so you don't get ripped off and we can go over all the details at once.“I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget or I get Nothing for my time! Thank you.”spanky
spankyjr1
spankyjr1
spankyjr1, RV Mechanic