Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 2003 190 and my auxiliary battery has a parasitic

Customer Question

I have a 2003 190 and my auxiliary battery has a parasitic draw. It is dead in hours. I have hooked up an amp meter between the disconnected cable and battery and removed all the fuses one at a time with no change in the reading. I'm leaning toward isolator or converter if there is something that could fail and cause a draw. What to check next?
Dennis
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Most likely culprit is the converter..........disconnect that and see if you still have a drain. This is a common problem as they age. IF you get back to me with the make and model of yours I can make some recommendations for you IF that turns out to be the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This morning I had 7 volts with the converter disconnected. I did notice a pretty good spark when reconnecting. The only thing that should be drawing are the co & lp detecters, it seemed a more substantial spark than they would have. Now what?
thax Dennis
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Try the isolator disconnected and see if that stops this. You might have a short someplace in the wiring and that is hard to track down if you took all the fuses out and still have it.....even with the converter disconnected. And was that both leads?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only saw 1 lead on the converter #6, however there are 2 leads coming up from the floor. Will charge battery, disconnect isolator, wait and then disconnect both leads from the floor.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
10-4
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Just checking back to see how this was coming and if you were able to resolve it yet or do you still need some additional input from me here?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have resolved my problem.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Great! What did it turn out to be?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
$29.00 & I'll tell you.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Thanks! Perhaps you can get a job here now.........