Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Have a Winne 2001 with 6536 basement Heat pump/ac.... 1. green

Customer Question

Have a Winne 2001 with 6536 basement Heat pump/ac....
1. green LED is on but i hear a content buzzing like the small relay next to it is buzzing...
2. when they say -12v should i see -12v on my DVM or is it ground?
3. Air handler will come on but no cool air...
4. How can I force second comp to come on?
5. I am on 50A.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Check to see if you have at least 12 VDC TO the control board and at least 115 VAC TO the unit. Can you take a photo of what you think is buzzing and attach it to your post? That would help here. One lead of the DVM is grounded (black) and the positive lead is (red) on most. Be sure you have it set correctly on the dial. Let me know what you find and we can go from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Randall - can you accept a video?... electronic tech for 30 years.... very familiar with DVM.... I have schematic for the 6535.... is +12v always there even under load? Why do they say -12v ... do they mean ground?....
I will send a video so you can hear the sound.... took entire board out to check for cold solder joints... put back in place still doing the same thing.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Yes..........Coleman uses that to describe the ground. Based on the schematic, what is "buzzing" there. A rely on the board? You might be able to attach a video to the post. use the paperclip icon.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Won't let me upload video....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
While its buzzing.... on the nine pin con the +12 is at +8.... disconnect the nine pin and the connector has +12.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you have a gmail i can send the video to?
Something on the main board or the Coleman can't deliver +12....
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
***@******.***
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like a bad relay.........and if this is on the board you may have to have it repaired (or perhaps you can do that) as there are not any parts for this unless you can find one on E-Bay or a used one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
video on the way...
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Nothing yet............maybe you got the addy wrong?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Addy is...?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
***@******.***
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not following... addy is what?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ya .... misspelled your email ....did you get the video nowya misspelled your email... did you get the video now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Randall are you still on line?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
I got it..........and yes, that is a bad rely on the board I suspect. You might be able to replace it. Finding that board may be a tough one.......especially from a private party when you don't know if it is good or not.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
You should be able to put your finger on there and find which one.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Did you check the compressor?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Just checking back to see how this was coming and if you were able to resolve it yet or do you still need some additional input from me here?