Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I just bought a 2011 keystone outback 23rs toy hauler.this

Customer Question

hello.i just bought a 2011 keystone outback 23rs toy hauler.this is my first rv and I'm trying to get it ready for summer. I drained all antifreeze,flushed clean water thru system and I don't know what else to do.what valves do I need to turn.how do I fill the water heater and I don't have hardly any water pressure.thank you.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** the water heater lower corner should be a drain plug make sure the drain plug is IN. Next go to the opposite side of the water heater, inside and you might have to pull a panel or drawer to access. Most set ups will have a cold , hot and bypass valve. Make sure the hot and cold are open OR valve handle running with the pipe and the bypass shut or valve handle running against the pipe. Go open a faucet and then turn the water on, as the water heater fills you should get air coming out, then it should go to a solid stream. That is all you should have to for the water. IF you have low pressure I would pull the end of one of the sinks and make sure the screen inside is not plugged. IF you have a water filter on your unit I would also replace that. IF you have an outdoor sprayer outside make sure the valves are turned off... Hope this helps some.... RobertIF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert