Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Ive got a 7920 ii attwood furnace will not ignite gas is on

Customer Question

Ive got a 7920 ii attwood furnace will not ignite gas is on and it trys to lite , it goes for sequence 3 times then quits , trouble shoot light flashes 3 times indicating ignition lockout fault , i clean the ignition probe and closed gap to about 1/8 inch , cleaned oriface . still doesn't light , is there a SAIL switch somewhere
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it lit once a week ago
JA: OK got it. Last thing — RV Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its on a bison living quarters horse trailer 2013 year
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** it should have a sail switch however it does not sound like the problem. Normally when the sail switch fails the furnace will not even light off. The way it works is you turn the T-Stat on and the fan comes on right away, as the fan comes up to speed it blows on the sail switch, once the sail switch closes it passes voltage to the circuit board via a high limit switch. IF the fan was not spinning fast enough or failed you would never get spark, as the circuit board needs to see that signal. So to me this sounds like the circuit board or a LP pressure issue. It would be hard for you to check the pressure without a manometer. Go to the LP tank and shut the valve, slowly open it back up sometimes if that valve is opened to fast the regulator can lock up and you might not get the correct pressure, understand if other appliances are working but it should be verified.The board could also be at fault if the board does not sense the flame it will shut down. A RV shop can test the board, and see if it is bad, most shops have a special board tester and can tell if it is at fault or not. IF you need a service manual on this please let me know and I can send you one. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, if you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert