RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

They changed the pump in our RV but it shows do

Customer Question
They changed the pump in...
They changed the pump in our RV for bathroom but it shows do not flush. What could they have possibly done?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Toilet doesn't seem to suck the water down
JA: OK got it. Last thing — RV Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
4/15/2016
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is***** is the Year, Make and Model of the RV? What is the make and model of the toilet? I assume you are talking about a pump for the toilet? OR the on-board water pump that supplies water to the entire system? Robert
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's a 2008 bounder. Dint know about toilet. They replaced the pump so I'm guessing something not done right. Just checking to see if any quick fixes as we are at a campground now
OK Did they replace something on the toilet OR the actual water pump that supplies water to everything? Do you have a make and model of the toilet? Robert
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Water pump. Don't know make model of toilet
OK You could have a vacuum type toilet, click HERE and see if this looks like yours, if so follow the troubleshooting. Normally when it says do not flush the black tank is full and needs to be dumped but it could be a sensor issue. You really might be limited on what you can do with this and I would have the shop that did the repairs take a look at this. I know you are camping and understand you need it working but it might not be a simple fix if this is your toilet, hard for me to say if they disturbed anything to make the toilet not work. IF you start taking items apart they can pin the blame on you have seen that before. Robert
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yep that looks like our toilet
These are a pain to work on, as it uses a vacuum system, unlike the standard toilets you can run a hose down the toilet and try and clear the blockage but on this toilet you can not do that. It could be a blockage in the vacuum generator or a sensor issue, they could have knocked a wire off or pinched something off. Normally when it says do not flush a sensor is telling the toilet that the tank is full, if the sensor failed then it would trigger that light and not allow the toilet to work. This might not be something simple.... My goal is for you to be satisfied with my efforts I try to give the best possible direction, if you would like to try another expert please let me know, I only get credit when you select a rating... Robert
Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert
Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic