gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I bought a 2006 Bounder and I am trying to hook up the satellite

Customer Question

I bought a 2006 Bounder and I am trying to hook up the satellite system. I am using the receiver from my home (directv). Dome does not acquire the satellites. Have a winegard rt8000s. Need ideas as to why it won't acquire the signal.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Is it set up for Direct TV or Dish Network? There is a card that they install inside that makes a difference. You might find out from the previous owner which he had. If it was Dish Network, that has to be changed out to the Direct TV card inside. That is one way they keep you from changing providers I guess. The installer does this when he comes or at least that is what I have been told. Check and see and get back to me if you need more on this later as all follow ups are included in our fee.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is this card located?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Inside the dome unit and is supplied by the service provider.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'Lloyd check and get back to you.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
10-4