RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have dometic fridge rmd8555 we have a blue light flashing…

Customer Question
I have dometic fridge rmd8555...
I have dometic fridge rmd8555 we have a blue light flashing and an alarm going off every 2 minutes what's our problem
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: RV
4/11/2016
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 6 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Not sure if you have the Owner's Manual for this model. See pages 27 and 28 for the error codes and cures. Please get back to me if you need more input on this issue as all follow ups are included in our fee. Print out a copy so you have it for future use. http://www.caravanfridges.co.uk/pdf-manuals/rm-rms-rml-operation-manual.pdf
Be sure that it just isn't the "door open" light and alarm. That happens pretty frequently. See that section of the manual. Hope this proves helpful here.
It is the door alarm that seems to be going off. Blinking blue light. What can I do to stop it. I have checked just about everything around door . Wiped down everything and shut down fridge for over an hour but blinking light and alarm are still going off.
Do you have the electric door lock or not?IF you are sure that the door is closed and latched and it is still going off, then the sensor may be bad and need to be replaced. Is this still under warranty?
Yes it is and I feel that I have a bad switch I do not think it is a electric door
Did you look at that section of the manual? Is shows you how that works (if you have that). Is this still under warranty? Let me see if I can get a part number for you and perhaps some testing info once I get to my shop in a few hours. I live in California.I am attaching a copy of the link for the exploded view for this. I think that sensor is shown on that one page as part number 304, but will call them later and see.http://www.laurelhurstdistributors.com/parts/refrigerators/dometic/RM8505.html