RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2005 Monaco Windsor with 4 slides. The front curb…

I have a 2005 Monaco...
I have a 2005 Monaco Windsor with 4 slides. The front curb side slide was slow and my repair center checked it out and now cannot get the slide back into the coach. they say say the rollers are egg shaped caused by something binding or loose in the slide out tubes.
My question is when I looked at the slide out mechanism i only saw a tooth rail slide system and no tubes. they tell me one has to feel up higher to get to these tubes and there must be something jammed in the tubes.
How can you advise them to fix the blockage in the tube causing the rollers to take on an egg shape without removing the slideout?
4/9/2016
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 6 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Is this a Power Gear unit or HWH?

Are you sure that the tracking is correct? It may be just jamming up due to be out of alignment. Did they check that?

I imagine they would since they work on the million dollar coaches. Do you know if the Monaco Windsors have tubes and rollers?

It depends on whose slide hardware that was used. Monaco has used several over the years. Do you know whose hardware you have? It might say on the switch or keypad.

According to the Windsor Owner's Manual for this year this should have a Power Gear slide out system. They do have an inner and outer "tube" that is square. One runs inside the other and has rollers on it.

See the attached link for a list of the various options that Power Gear has for these. One of these manuals will show what you have and how it goes together. As for your question..........I don't think you have to remove the room to replace the rollers. USUALLY.........and they should call LCI who bought Power Gear and get some help on this. Please get back to me if you need more input here. http://www.lci1.com/support-slideout-system-power-gear-through-frame

I am 74 years old and definitely not qualified to carry on an intelligent phone conversation with you on this RV question. I am trying to gather information for my RV mechanic who is not familiar with the tube slide out system in this model of Monaco as to why the rollers have become egg shaped and the slide out is now jammed. I believe you may have found the problem that when they replaced the slide out wall and the bent slide out frame they may not have aligned the the slide out correctly?. I suggested to them this may have been the source of the slow retrieval of the slide out to this mechanic, as he replaced the slide out wall and he assured me it had been aligned correctly but now I wonder. He was initially going to remove the whole slideout to get to the tubes but now suggests he may not have to do a full slide-out removal? thanks for your help.

You are welcome..........and just because they work on million dollar rigs doesn't mean they know everything! That is why these companies have Technical assistance. Easy enough to tell on the alignment. Measure from each side at the same place to the wall of the coach. It should be less than 1/4" difference. If it is more, they need adjustment. When they are out of alignment, the room drags badly and if there is inadequate lubrication (many times the problem) then it works the motor overtime and stuff happens!

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification