Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

MOTOR GETS HOT AND STOPS. ONCE COOL IT WILL START AGAIN S#

Customer Question

MOTOR GETS HOT AND STOPS. ONCE COOL IT WILL START AGAIN
S# *****
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
What is this in? How long does it take to get hot and what temp is showing on the gauges?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
motor on slide pomp gets hot and stops till it cools off
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is not a guage on the pump
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Your question didn't say what kind of motor you were talking about. On a slideout pump this can be caused by several things. There may be an internal problem in the pump and it is binding up. It might be from low voltage and that results in higher amperage and that will cause overheating and usually a shortstop breaker or other protective device to open up so that the motor is protected. If the motor itself is hot to the touch, I suspect it may be binding up inside the pump. You need to have a shop or mobile tech come and inspect this for you and recommend a repair. Be sure that the fluid isn't too low as that would cause this as well. Hope that sheds some light on this for you. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Just checking back to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional input from me?