Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

2001 damon ultrasport motorhome 3126 cat power. 3000 mh

Customer Question

2001 damon ultrasport motorhome 3126 cat power. 3000 mh transmission . Will not downshift automatically on hill . 6% hill . Will downshift manually . Seems to shift fine on any normal road. oil smells like new . Never slips or hesitates. Shift points seem close to normal No lights on dash or codes . Oil level full at operating temperature. 98000 thousand miles on odometer. last six numbers of sin are J15029
Category: RV
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi Bob, My name is***** you traveling uphill when this happens or down a 6% incline. click on this link for some FYI of the operation manual on this transmission. Let me know

Operation

See PDF 25-26 and the Driving tips section after..... Let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dan . I have no idea how to access PDF25-26
All I come up with are schematics
Bob.

Hi Bob... that was not the file I posted and was for a different question....... Odd. Here is the correct link.

Operation

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dan
Not sure what was to be garnered from all the reading ? Nothing I saw seemed to address my problem

Are you traveling uphill or downhill when this is happening? I did not see your reply on that?

The transmission will not downshift under certain conditions and I am still unclear on the conditions you are traveling when this happens... I thought maybe posting information on how the transmission is supposed to shift in these conditions it might help but I still do not know if which way on the hill you are traveling

It makes a difference. Are you saying it will not downshift to help pull up the 6% hill?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It will not downshift shift automatically when pulling a hill. It will shift down when I select the gears.manually

Thanks for the clarification. Check the transmission filter and oil for discoloration, burnt smell or signs of metal/friction material in the oil/filter indicating internal problems occurring. If found I recommend testing the transmission pressures to monitor for low pressure in a clutch pack or for valve body solenoid problems. If the solenoid is not getting signaled from the TCM to shift then it would be a TCM software issue, harness, or pressure switch or sensor problem . These would in most cases throw a code so I recommend checking the filter and oil condition first for mechanical problems. Finally this could potentially be resolved by reflashing the software with the most current updats in the TCM. Let me know

Hi Bob, Did you get this resolved?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Dan
I am taking the unit to Wajax this week . Please hang in with me and I will let you know how things turn out . Talk to you this week .
Regards
Bob

Sounds good Bob and thanks for the update.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wajax did everything I suggested and found nothing . We did change the oil and filter and flashed the TCM . No material of any kind in the trans
Thanks
Bob

Thanks for the update Bob. The only other thing I can possibly think of is a speed sensor problem where the ECM and TCM arent getting the right speed signals to command a downshift. Other than that I am out of suggestions at the moment. Is this something that recently started or has it existed through the life of this RV?

Hi Bob, did you get this resolved?