Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

1997 Warrier....i lost all power (no start, no lights, no

Customer Question

1997 Warrier....i lost all power (no start, no lights, no horn, no hazards....nothing)
Battery ground is good.....getting 12V to solenoid but nowhere else
no hot at taillamp fuse in cabin (supposed to be hot all time)
perplexed
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

SO it sounds like you have a solenoid for the starting circuit, it would have a cable coming from the starting battery to the solenoid, the solenoid would have TWO LARGE posts, do you have power on each side of the solenoid? IF not get an insulated wire and jump the posts and see if the power comes ON, if so bad solenoid, not talking about the start solenoid but another solenoid that would allow all the power to work from the starting battery. Also go to the chassis battery and follow the cables, look for a tripped breaker, below is a picture. As a general rule if you had any they would be 18" from the battery and could be on the frame OR in a battery control box.. Most have a small tab that pops out when they trip. If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert

Breaker.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do have power on both sides of solenoids.....gonna look for circuit breaker now
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Yes follow that cable from the solenoid and make sure you do not have a breaker in-line, if not I would go to the cable feeding the fuse block and check for power, make sure you do not have a loose connection.. Let me know if you need more help... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

You might have more then one so if you see any make sure each post has voltage.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where am i checking that connection feeding the fuseblock? under dash at fuseblock? do u have picture? location is the issue on this stuff that i really need help with.....i am pretty good with electrical but i am fish out of water because i don't know where anything is located
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

Are you missing ALL the interior power OR the power just to the dash items?

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

IS this a Winnebago Warrior, if so I might be able to get you some prints.

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not missing coach power, but all vehicle electrical, horn, lights, hazards, dash,starter.. everthing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1997 warrior
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

let me see what I can dig up, A print might help... Robert

Yes I was talking about the chassis fuse box inside up front, it would have larger gage cable feeding the entire fuse block, sometimes Winnebago will also have another fuse box under the front engine access outside and the breakers are in that box... Stand by... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

Click HERE and then blow the print UP what I would do is get you a test light and check for power in and out of the mode switch going to that fuse block. Look outside as well for another fuse box..... Hope this helps, I think the test light will show you where you are missing the power. I will also take a look in the owners manual and see if anything rings a bell, IF so I will let you know. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating it is the only way I get credit for helping, you can still follow up if needed... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i already have seen this print on the internet......need an expert to tell me where to test
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
mode switch is where?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

IF you look at the print you can see the power coming from the solenoid to the mode switch, from the mode switch to the fuse block, the mode switch should be in the dash area, let me check location really quick.

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Click HERE and this will explain the switch. IF you look at the print the power goes through that switch to the fuse block for the chassis.

IF you would like to try another expert please let me know, my goal is for you to be satisfied. I am trying my best and do not have a blueprint in my head of something that is 20 years old so it requires me to look at the diagrams and takes time to do so. Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i hav aux start---MOM switch.....is this what u are talking about.....no switch panel like the pic u sent...i also saw that article on the internet yesterday? Take it out and test for power? should we go to another expert? i appreciate your efforts but need someone familiar with the nuances
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

I will put your question back up for other experts, all you would need to do is get a test light and trace the power going to the fuse box inside. I have no idea of what you have seen on the internet. I do not know when or IF another expert will respond they come and go daily....

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will i get a text when someone else jumps on?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Yes you would but like I said experts come and go daily so I do not know when that would happen.

I would advise you to look at the wiring in the last link I sent, it shows the entire circuit and is just a matter of using a test light and seeing where the power is and where the power is missing.

No need to respond anymore until another expert contacts you. Robert