Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Norcold N61x 2-way will not run on ac power when put on auto

Customer Question

Norcold N61x 2-way will not run on ac power when put on auto it automatical goes to gas
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

First off if the fridge does not sense AC power it would switch to LP. Go to the outside access panel and make sure the outlet it is plugged into has power, the fridge needs DC power to turn on so just because it is plugged into the outlet does not mean it will still work on LP. IF the outlet has power next unplug the cord, you will see a box with a bunch of wires going to it, remove the cover and you will see some fuses, make sure the fuses are good. One fuse is for the AC power side if it is blown then the fridge would default to LP. IF the fuse is good I would next ohm out the ac heating element, if the element is good then I suspect the circuit board is the issue. IF you have a volt meter click HERE and see page 18 it will show you how to ohm out the element. Also it will show the circuit board and fuses in the manual... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, if you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert