Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a Onan propane generator it will not start. It cranks

Customer Question

I have a Onan propane generator it will not start. It cranks over fine, it like its not fuel. It will run using starting fluid
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a RV. The RV Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I had it worked couple years ago. They had to fix the generator part of it. I storage it and now it won't run
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I'm a mechanic, I just not worked on propane power things
JA: Is there anything else important you think the RV Mechanic should know about your RV?
Customer: Don't think so, I can get to run on starting fluid
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the RV Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

The first thing I would do is have the LP pressure checked at the tank regulator as low LP pressure can cause hard starting on these or make it amost impossible to keep them running. When you get back to me, please include the model number of your set.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional input from me here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got it running
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for letting me know..............

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I fix it before I got the answer
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

10-4