RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I have a Dometic RM1350 Four Door 12CF Fridge in the slide

Customer Question
of my 2014 5th Wheel...
I have a Dometic RM1350 Four Door 12CF Fridge in the slide of my 2014 5th Wheel. The flame looks bright and strong with gas and the 12Volt function seems secure. The only message is 60F the unit will not cool. It gradually got warm over three days. and had to be shut off. I have disconnected al Gas and ALL electricity for 1/2 Hr and restarted it but same result, 60 on readout panel display. Help please.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2016
RV Mechanic: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Lastly the only way to credit me "APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU" is to STAR RATE my post......NOT another TECHS when we are finished otherwise I will receive no credit.....Thank you!

So it will not work on either gas or electric correct?

RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 1 year ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Have you tried it on AC mode yet? That would help me to see if you are having just an LP issue (like low LP working pressure at the tank regulator) or a cooling unit or thermistor issue. And is this fridge still under warranty? It would be two years from the date of purchase. That might make a difference in whether or not you should do any work on it yourself as that may void any warranty you have and would not be recommended. Also, take a look at the base around the burner and tell me if you see any yellowish debris which may indicate a cooling unit leak. And lastly, is the fridge level? If cannot be out of level more than 3 degrees or serious damage can result to the cooling unit. IF IT IS, turn it off and relevel it and leave it off for at least 4 hours. Then restart it. Please include in your answer if you have the instruction manual for this or not. Thanks!

Just checking back in Herb, to see if you were able to sort this out or do you still need some additional assistance from me here"

Randall
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification