RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Sir: I have a 2000 model 35C Itasca Sunrise Motorhome. My…

Customer Question
Sir: I have a 2000...
Sir: I have a 2000 model 35C Itasca Sunrise Motorhome . My Two-Cylinder slide out room is out of Ajustment or something. The front end of slide out goes all the way out but the rear end failes to go out the last one and one half inches. I have check all I can think of, can not find any obstructions. Coming in the rear is all the way in and front still has to travel another 1.5 inches but does come all the way in.
So again it is just that the rear will not extend all the way out.
Can you help me? Thank you Phil Sigfrinius
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
3/7/2016
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Check the fluid level and be sure it isn't low. If that checks out o.k. then the racking valve is probably at fault. That controls the tracking on each side. Not the kind of thing most owners can change out, so you may need to call in a mobile tech or take it into a shop for that. Not too expensive to repair, but messy. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.

The fluid level is good. Is the racking valve the same as the synchronizing cylinder or is it located somewhere else?
The pump has some valves on it but maybe they are for the leveling jacks? Can you tell me more? Thank you

It can be called several things............it is on the slide room usually and especially if this is an HWH system. It is between the cylinders. Not advisable to do this yourself. These lines are under high pressure and can do some serious damage to you if you aren't careful.