Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Where is the reset isolater 2006 fourwind11s windsport class

Customer Question

Where is the reset for battery isolater 2006 fourwind11s windsport class a I have no power at all i
Manual says to press and hold the start botton in the 12 volt electrical distribution box under hood, I know where the main box is opened it couldn't find button so started to open small box to the left but I can't get it open HELP.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

So right now you have no DC power inside the RV and when you hit the disconnect nothing happens? Do you hear a click at all?

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing I have lites in coach and test panel says batteries at12 volts
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

So are you missing the chassis battery voltage or the interior DC voltage? IF you have lights inside then the other interior items should be working.

IF you are plugged in and missing the AC voltage also let me know. I need to have a better understanding of where the power is missing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unit is plugged in I have lites inside vehicle will not start and the battery boost button to assist start has/does nothing and the control panel says batteries at 12 volts
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

I would go directly to the chassis battery and take a voltage reading, make sure all the cables are clean and tight, follow the battery cable to the fuse box and make sure you do not have a breaker tripped,below is a picture, most have a tiny tab on them that pops out when they trip. As a general rule they like to stick them 18" from the battery and can be inside the breaker box. You also might have more then one but to test the voltage on each side should be the same to chassis ground. I am not sure about the battery isolator. The battery isolator would charge both the chassis and house batteries voia the alternator, many times they use the boost solenoid for the isolator. IF you find any isolators or solenoids you will see a large cable on each side of it, if one side has power and not the other get an insualted wire and jump the large posts to see if the dash power comes on. A 12 volt test light will really help as it will allow you to see where you are missing the power. Most auto parts stores sell them for a few dollars.. Hope this helps some... Robert

Breaker.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well as the coach is not here I won't be able to check till tomorrow I guess we'll see what happens
THANKS for now
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

No problem, I would get a volt meter and test light and that should allow you to check for power to see where it is missing, follow it from the battery through any solenoids or breakers and inside the breaker box....

IF you need more help please let me know I am around daily and respond when I can. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping.... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can we finish this up tomorrow, that would be great, there is another smaller box next to main box but I can't get it open any suggestion on opening that one
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

You bet....

Have a great evening... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

Robert