RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

1999 Georgie boy slide out was working fine then all of a…

Customer Question
1999 Georgie boy slide...

1999 Georgie boy slide out was working fine then all of a sudden it no longer works. Works fine manually. Think maybe fuse blown. Where do I find fuse?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a RV. The RV Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Think fuse/circuit breaker bad. Where do I find them to check it out

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Need to know where fuse/circuit breaker for slide out is to check

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the RV Mechanic should know about your RV?

No. Like I said it was working fine then all of a sudden it doesn't. Works great manually

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
3/7/2016
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 2 years ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

In some cases you can get the fuse diagram and locations from a dealer or repair center that works on this model here.If you have not attempted this I would see if they can get this info to you.If this was already attempted with no success let me know as well if you want to continue here to see if you can get this info.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Still don't see any answer to my question

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

These sometimes have a shortstop circuit breaker which is usually located either next to the batteries when they are under the entry step OR in the Battery Control Center. Or depending on the make of the slide hardware they can be fused at the pump or on the control board. Please get back to me with the actual model of your coach and the maker of your slide hardware (if possible) and I can direct you further. The name is ***** ***** the keypad or switch. Power Gear, HWH and LCI are the three most often used. I am also attaching a photo of a shortstop breaker so you know what they look like. The black button has to be pushed down in order to reset it. https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.M60cddf5db924d363dd03f6ba05cd33d0o0&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you need some additional input from me here?

Randall
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification