RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I have two penguin 11 heat pumps on a CCC electronic

Customer Question
thermostat. The...
I have two penguin 11 heat pumps on a CCC electronic thermostat. The zone one IN temp shows 32 degrees while the zone two IN temp shows 70 degrees which is the correct temp in the coach. I though it was a bad CCC thermostat but when I installed the new thermostat same problem. This causes the furnace (Aqua Hot) to come on and never shut off because it is reading 32 degrees in.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
3/6/2016
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert...

Do you have a 4 or 5 button comfort control, all the buttons would be in a row from top to bottom, I assume you have the 5 button as the 4 button is obsolete and hard to obtain. This might take some going back and forth. Also if it is the thermostat I am thinking of did you try the reset at the thermostat?

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have the electronic controller with the round center led display
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have done the reset
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still there?

OK

Let me see if I can find some troubleshooting on that, does yours have a button for inside and outside temp? I have troubleshooting on the orginal thermostat but this one has been updated to the style with the led in the center. Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It only has an Inside temp button. When I select zone 2 and check inside temp it correctly displays the temp inside the coach. When I select zone 1 and select inside temp it shows 32 degrees. This is from the same controller that controls both my A/C units heat pumps and furnace (Aqua Hot). These are Penguin 2 units and are about one year old.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is an intermittent problem.

OK

I am pretty sure there is an option for a remote sensor for zone 1, zone two would have one but they will use the thermostat or remote sensor for zone 1, I am trying to find some info for you on that particular thermostat. Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't think there is a remote sensor installed at either zone.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The current outside temp where we are is 60 degrees and the temp inside the coach is 70
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There are no error codes displayed and the zone indication is not blinking indicating a fault has occurred.

Click HERE and see page 21. You can see the optional sensor, it would plug into the control box for the AC unit. I might find the control box and check all the connections on that control box it should be marked. Zone two has to have a sensor but zone 1 would have the option of one or sense the temp through the thermostat, normally you would see a small disc on disc on one of the cabinets, it would be about the size of a quarter or smaller. Not sure what else this could be since you replaced the T-stat.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No help so far.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Zone one has to be sensing at the thermostat but the info is being corrupted some how.

OK

I understand what you are saying and I would verify at the control box that you do not have the optional sensor for that zone, it would also be where the thermostat cable plugs into. If you replaced the thermostat and you do not have a sensor then I suspect the control box inside the AC unit is the problem.

My goal is for you to be satisfied, if you would like to try another expert on this please let me know. Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It says I must be satisfied with the answer. This really hasn't been anything more than I already know. I don't expect to be charged for this. I do not see a place to cancel payment for not getting the answers I need.

I will request a refund for you, have a nice day. Robert

Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic