RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 1994 3800 olds motor in my motor home When I slow…

Customer Question
I have a 1994 3800...
I have a 1994 3800 olds motor in my motor home
When I slow down to stop, before I stop the engine dies, it always, restarts
On the highway runs fine,
The motor runs smooth 48000 miles
I replaces the cam & crank sensor
It doesn't always stall unpredictable
The Rpms seem very steady
I don't have to drive it long for this to might happen
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
3/7/2016
RV Mechanic: Ron, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Ron, RV Mechanic

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

One thing I would try is to give the throttle body as well as the IAC (idle air control) solenoid a good cleaning with some carb cleaner and a soft cloth. When doing so be sure to disconnect the negative battery cable. If after doing so and the problem returns then see if you can get the computer system scanned to see if there are any fault codes setting. Post back with the results and we can work from there.

Thanks I will try this.
This is a 1990 Winnebago LeSharo, the 4 cylinder Renault motor was replaced with a GM 3800 by a company that specializes in this years ago, the complete motor & drive train was replaced as one unit. This is a common transplant for the gutless 4 cylinder.
I will try your suggestion.
Thanks, ***** ***** will update you hen completed.Bruce McClure

Okay Bruce, let me know and we can work from there if need be.