RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a fleetwood providence 2007, no power to my slide…

Customer Question
I have a fleetwood...

I have a fleetwood providence 2007, no power to my slide outs, manual says to check fuse or circuit # ***** could you tell me where that might be located

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Everything else is working there is just no power to slides when we turn room extension key on to slide them out

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
3/6/2016
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert

Sorry for the long delay. I see not other experts have responded. I do not have any wiring diagrams and you may need to get a hold of Fleetwood on Monday with your FIN number, they should be able to send you a print or tell location.

I have been a tech for some time and what you can try to do is get a 12 volt test light and go to each fuse box on the outside and inside and probe each fuse for power, this is a quick and effective way to see where you are missing power. Many times I use this method in the field and it works. When you check the chassis fuse box make sure you turn the ignition ON as some items will be only powered with ignition ON.

I would also go to the battery and look for any tripped breakers, many times the slides are wired directly to the battery and sometimes they will use a breaker, below is a picture, it can be mounted on the frame or inside a battery control box, as a general rule they stick them 18" from the battery. IF you see any the voltage to chassis ground should be the same.

Make sure the parking brake is set and the transmission is in park, that would also prevent the rooms from working.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, follow ups are included if needed. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert

Breaker.