Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 2006 coachmen captiva....the slide out is barely

Customer Question

I have a 2006 coachmen captiva....the slide out is barely moving and clicking....the gear wheel appears to be missing spikes..... I need to push in the slider....how do I do this?
Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The power works fine...it moves and then gets stuck....I do not find any objects obstructing it....can I adjust something to manually push the slider in so we can be on the road?...I attempted to push it in with my hands and it will not budge.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

This usually takes more than one person. Have someone work the switch while two or three persons push evenly on the outside so as not to get the room cocked and out of alignment. It can be kind of tricky. It sounds like you may have sheared off a roll pin that holds the tracking correctly and this is a fairly common problem. Hope that helps. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How many teeth on the pully gear.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Are yours metal or rubber? If you know who made the slide hardware it would help here. Abuot 5 companies make these systems for the various manufacturers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It appears to only be a quarter of the teeth on gear. Is this an expensive repair....can I do it myself?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I find out who makes it?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Not too expensive for parts and if you are handy with tools it isn't that hard and I can direct you. You should have a manual on it that came with the coach or it may be on the motor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are metal.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

The name may be on the switch or key pad. The shaft bearing are pinned in and the gears are fixed with a roll pin you tap in with a drift punch. Hopefully, the gear tracks aren't damaged. That would be a lot bigger job here.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back in to see if you got all you needed here from me on this issue?