RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

1984 Holiday Rambler 27 ft. Ambassador, 460 CI Ford E350.

Customer Question
1984 Holiday Rambler 27...

1984 Holiday Rambler 27 ft. Ambassador, 460 CI Ford E350. Trying to located fuel pump. Can't see one on the block, so assume it's electric?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a RV. The RV Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

The engine is starving for fuel. Runs for 20 seconds or so and dies. Check the float bowl (front) on the carburetor and the level is way down. Crank for a bit and it fills back up. But once it starts, it only runs for a short while

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yup

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Replaced fuel filters, rebuilt the carburetor, changed carb floats and valves several times.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the RV Mechanic should know about your RV?

That covers it for right now

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
3/1/2016
RV Mechanic: Wayne, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Wayne, RV Mechanic

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

Yes your fuel pump is electrical,

it is mounted into the gas tank

need to drop the gas tank to remove it

I hope this helped you

Hi if this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more stars

If you need more info, use request button

Not Poor/Bad service