RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I HAVE A 2014 BIGHORN 3875FB, I HAVE NO POWER ON MY ISLAND…

Customer Question
I HAVE A 2014 BIGHORN...
I HAVE A 2014 BIGHORN 3875FB, I HAVE NO POWER ON MY ISLAND OR MY OUT SIDE PLUG OR MY PLUG WHERE THE WATER VALVE IS IN THE STORAGE COMPARTMENT. I CHECKED THE DFI IN BOTH BATHROOMS AND THEY ARE FINE,THE BREAKERS ARE OK. THERE MUST BE AN OTHER DFI SOME PLACE THAT I CAN'T FIND!!!!!!!!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
3/1/2016
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

I think you meant "GFCI" and they can go bad or did you test them with a multimeter? I would start there and also test the main service breakers to be sure one isn't passing only part of the AC current across. A meter is about $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use and I can direct you in the testing. I will also make a phone chat option offer for you if you would rather do this over the phone.

Just checking back in to see if you got this resolved or do you still need some additional input from me?

gene
gene
gene, RV Mechanic