RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

How do l remove the right front hwh hyd. Leveling. It is typ…

Customer Question
How do l remove the...
How do l remove the right front hwh hyd. Leveling jack. It is typ that swivels. Need to replace seals
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
3/1/2016
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert...

Who is the manufacturer of the jack? IS this a HWH system?

Robert

Normally the jack is bolted to the frame but before you remove the jack you have to go to the pump/manifold and open the solenoids up about 5 turns to take the pressure off the system, then you can disconnect the line for the jack but have something ready to catch the fluid. Some of these are bolted in a way that makes them difficult to get at, normally you would use an impact wrench and then a standard wrench or socket on the opposite side. At least that is my experience on these. IF you can send a few pictures of what you are dealing with IF my answer does not help I might have better direction for you...

Robert

Also thinking about this if you have the kick down jacks you might need to take the pressure off via the solenoids and then pull the jack so it swings down and then wedge a block of wood so you can have two hands free to get at the mounting bolts... Robert