RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I am stuck in campsite with bedroom slide half out. Jacks 't…

Customer Question
I am stuck in campsite...
I am stuck in campsite with bedroom slide half out. Jacks don't work. I have a Good Sam tech here and we are trying to manually push bedroom slide back in. We don't know which valves to relieve. We have HWH 310 series in a 2002 Adventurer WFG32V. Tell me which valves to open please
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
2/29/2016
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

On the ends of the solenoids there is a "T" valve. Open those up about 1/2 turn each and the slide should move. Then snug them back down once you get it in. The bedroom slide may be marked on the lines and maybe not........so you may need to do them all. Just takes a few minutes. Hope that gets you going. Please get back to me if you need more later as all follow ups are included in our fee.

The HWH manual says don't do the T valve thing. My mechanic tried anyway and it didn't work. The solenoids that finally worked have 1/4 nut and are buried below the Jacks solenoids. Finally got it ... $300 for service call. HWH manual sucks. Winnebago manual sucks. Sorry I can't credit you with a good answer ... but then, there's the future. Thanks for quick response tho.

I would get familiar with this system and get all the manuals. And FYI............I have a shop myself and do this all the time and the T valves work fine. Glad you got it fixed though..........

I described my position above. Your advice did not work. The hydraulic pump is in process of being replaced.

Glad you are getting it worked out..........

thanks

10-4