RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

My 2000 fleetwood pace arrow is being de-winterized but the

Customer Question
step will not retract. Do...
My 2000 fleetwood pace arrow is being de-winterized but the step will not retract. Do you know what the problem could be?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
2/29/2016
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert....

This could be a blown fuse, bad step motor or bad control box. To start make sure the switch is in the proper direction and you have good battery voltage at the chassis and house batteries.

What you can do next is access the step motor underneath, get a charged 12 volt drill battery, disconnect the motor leads and jump voltage direct to the motor and see if it moves, if it does not move swap the jumper wires and see if it will go the step should want to go in or out, if it does not move bad motor. Try smacking the motor a few times sometimes they can seize up.

IF the motor does in fact move check the control box and see if it has voltage going into it, if it has voltage going into it then it could be bad. Normally when you open the door you would hear a click each time from that box.

IF you have not voltage going to the control box check all your fuses...

Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit.. Robert

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.....

Robert

Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic