Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

1999 seabreeze, the generac generator will start and run 10

Customer Question

1999 seabreeze, the generac generator will start and run for about 10 min than shut off. its a Q55G, the oil an motor home is level
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Make sure you have more then a 1/4 of fuel in the main tank, I would also replace the fuel filter. Sometimes the supply lines from the tank could also be an issue, over time they can become brittle and crack, what you can do to make sure the lines are not the problem is get a gas can and drop the supply line into the tank and see if the generator stays running longer. What could happen if the lines were weathered or cracked is the generator can actually suck air into the lines and cause the generator to shut down. Look for any clamps that are loose as well on the line from the generator to the tank. Beyond that it could be a number of issues and I might have a mobile tech. or shop have a look at it so you are not throwing parts at it. IF you have more questions or concerns or would like to try another expert please let me know, my goal is for you to be satisfied, I only get credit when you select a rating... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped? If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert