Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a KVH 5 SL satellite system that does not spin

Customer Question

I have a KVH 5 SL satellite system that does not spin anymore when you turn it on ,therefore we have no satellite .
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Do you have the Owner's Manual for this system? IF so, check the power supply to be sure that is working. You will need a small digital multimeter for this like you can find at most automotive or hardware stores. I am adding link to the Installation Instructions for this. It shows were to test for power. IF you can hear the motor moving, then it is most likely a stripped gear or bad belt. A service center would have to do this repair for you. Hope this proves helpful. Please get back to me if you need help with the testing. Be sure that there is good AC power to the power supply. http://www.rvsatellite.com/Manuals/KVH/540438B_web.pdf