Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2006 cross country on a freightliner chasis. A

Customer Question

I have a 2006 cross country on a freightliner chasis. A 300hp turbo Cummins. I changed the fuel filter/water sep and I wonder if there is another filter. The chasis was probably built in 05. If so what i s the location. Thanks Gene
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Sounds like you have the ISB 300 Some manufacturers only use 1 fuel filter so it is possible that is all you have. Sometimes they put these filters in very difficult areas. One location to check is above the starter, this is one of the more difficult ones to replace, I normally put rags over the cables to prevent any sparking. Also I would pull up the bed deck access to the engine if it comes out easily and inspect. Some ISB filters have a drop in style. This will be in a Black canister, the top has a area you can put a socket on and spin the top off. It is important to top off any filters you change with diesel. One other note if these have never been changed they may still be undercoated, this makes them difficult to find because they will look black from the undercoating. I hope I gave you some helpful information, please contact me if you have anymore questions or concerns...

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

See picture below # ***** would be the filter.

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Also click HERE have seen these before as well on the RV application, if that is the one you changed or like the one in the link I sent then that might be all you have.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating... Robert