Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My 2011 copper canyon sprinter electric awning is no longer

Customer Question

my 2011 copper canyon sprinter electric awning is no longer working. I have checked the motor it seems ok. Can't find a fuse inthe circuit. help
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Did you jump power direct to the awning motor? Did you pull the switch out and check if you have power at the switch. I have seen some of these where they will install the switch and the wires will bend on the inside wall and not make contact so I would be checking to see if the switch actually has power going to it, make sure the voltage is above 11 volts or the motor may not want to work. Normally the fuse would be inside the main fuse box next to the breakers, probe each fuse for power, this will eliminate the connection at the fuse block as the problem. I am not sure of the make and model of the awning, if it has a wind sensor then you could have a control box and sometimes that control box will have a fuse inside of it. The control box could set behind a panel near the switch or be in an outside compartment. IF you know the make and model of the awning please let me know....

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, I am around daily and respond when I can, follow ups are included.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer was helpful? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert