RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

We have a 2012 Montana 3750FL and are having low input

Customer Question
signal in the TV cabling...
We have a 2012 Montana 3750FL and are having low input signal in the TV cabling inside the coach, per two technician's in two different area that we have traveled though. We have three TV's, Living room, bed room and one outside entertainment center, all factory installed. Factory installed roof mounted antenna. At the bed room TV there is a switch that appears to be power booster???. This switch need to be on when the antenna is being used.
Believe that we have bad cable and or bad splitters. I am looking for a cabling diagram of the coach so this can be traced out and repaired or replaced.
Another observation that we have found is the RV next to use at one RV site had the same station on one evening using the identical antenna and our signal would come and go and theirs stayed on all that time, ( same channel with the same program on). Any info you could give me I would appreciate greatly. Thank you. Jerry
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
2/26/2016
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 1 year ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

This does sound like you have a broken or corroded cable causing this issue here for sure or a connection issue with one of the cables.Unfortunately I do not have a diagram of this myself here.In some cases you may be able to get this diagram from a dealer or repair center that works on this model.If this is not an option for you let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The dealer does not have a diagram and have not been help full in trying to get on. I was looking on line for phone # ***** the factory when this site came up. Do you have a phone # ***** the factory. The info you gave me I already had came to that conclusion. I was surching for any thing I could get.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert....

What I would do is get an extra long cable and run it from the cable connector outside directly to the that antenna/booster switch they actual make a fitting where you can tie the coax cables together. So in a sense you are bypassing the booster, the main cable connection should go to that booster and then out to the TV's or a video switch box. You are correct the booster should be off when you try and watch cable TV and should be ON when you are on Antenna. You could pull the cable connector out hook a coax up to it and then run it through the window to the input on the booster, just for testing. Beyond that it would be hard to say where the cables are running. Getting any info out of Keystone might be a chore, I would call them at 866....425.....4369 and explain the dealer is not helping you out on this. I have worked for several RV manufactures and each one had some type of tech support line for customers for issues like this. Since you are having issues with both the TV and Antenna I would see if you can bypass the booster and see what happens, it is possible it is bad. My goal is for you to be satisfied, we try our best to give the proper direction, if you would still like to try another expert please let me know, I only get credit when you select a rating...... Robert

Most of the boosters will have antenna input, cable input and then output....

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer was helpful? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert

Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic