RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Found a leak in roof of my forest river camper (2001. This…

Customer Question
Found a leak in roof...
Found a leak in roof of my forest river camper (2001. This has caused the ceiling to become soft and sagging in a approx 4x4 area. It's still damp in there. Are there wood cross members to attach to to tighten this up after it is dried out.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
2/23/2016
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Yes, but it has to be opened up to dry and the wet insulation taken out. IF you don't, it will dry rot and really get expensive. Once you get it open, you can take a photo or two of the damaged area and attach them to your post. The same is true on the top roof portion. That needs to be opened up and dried and the damaged wood replaced. We do this sort of repair all the time in my shop and have several in here now. Hope that gets you going. Please get back to me if you need more on this and I can direct you further. All follow ups are included in our fee. I will make a phone chat offer for you as well.