RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

My 2000 Rialta HD (VW Eurovan) has a transmission cooler

Customer Question
that has a manually operated...
My 2000 Rialta HD (VW Eurovan) has a transmission cooler that has a manually operated three speed fan. You're supposed to notice an led light coming on, changing colors telling you to turn on, turn up the fan. On high the fan is extremely loud. The whole thing seems Mickey Mouse to me. Is this a VW item or some ad hock solution implemented by someone else? With heat being the mortal enemy of automatic transmissions I wonder if there's a better solution?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
2/23/2016
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 1 year ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

I will have to check my manuals when I get to the shop in the morning and get back to you so far as whose product this is. I live in California so keep the time zone change (if any) in mind. Have I assisted you before?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You have assisted recently with the same vehicle. I'm in Oklahoma, two hours difference...

Is this the one I mailed the wiring diagrams on? Get back to me with the part number of the alternator you used and I can give you the wiring details.

Oops...........got this mixed up with another customer. Let me get back to you in a few hours when I get to the shop.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Randall...?

The person I needed to ask wasn't there yesterday............so I will try to have that for you in an hour or so. Hang in there

I show no information in anything I can come up with on that transmission cooler fan. I suspect it is stock, but only a Winnebago dealer can probably tell you for sure. Sorry I couldn't come up with more here. I will opt out of this so another one of our techs can offer something.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
While digging through old service records I discovered where the oil-to-water VW cooler was replaced with a oil-to-air apparently as of replacing the transmission. Mystery solved.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would still be interested in finding out what is known to be the best choice aftermarket cooler for this application.

Let me ask my supplier.........and get back to you in the morning.

gene
gene
gene, RV Mechanic