Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a Dometic 4300/4400 Series toilet in our Newmar

Customer Question

I have a Dometic 4300/4400 Series toilet in our Newmar Canyon Star model 3911 (for paraplegics,...has lift built in). The problem is when you either flush or want to add water to the commode it only works intermittently, and as time passes, it doesn't work at all. To me, it clearly has a short somewhere. If I simply play with the wires in the back of the commode it will sometimes work. I am in a wheelchair so it's difficult (not impossible) working on the problem. Help please
Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

The way I would approach this is to see where you are missing voltage when you hit the switch, a test light or volt meter will be necessary to troubleshoot, I would find the main supply wires going into the toilet and see what the voltage is, if the voltage is good check for voltage at the switch, if you have voltage at the switch then I would replace the switch. From my experience on these toilets many times you have to remove them to get to the wiring as access is bad. SO if you feel that is something that can not be done then I would have a RV shop have a look for you. It should only take about 1 hour to diagnose the problem. Click HERE for a wiring diagram, you can see where the main power comes in and the connection points for the DC circuit. Make sure the fuse is also not loose, sometimes they will use a cheap plastic fuse holder and they can vibrate loose and give intermittent problems that would be one area to check, should be on the main DC positive wire going into the toilet. Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert