RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I am trying to turn on the ceiling fan/light in the kitchen

Customer Question
in my 2016 Keystone Montana...
I am trying to turn on the ceiling fan/light in the kitchen in my 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
2/22/2016
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 1 year ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

I responded to your first question about this.......

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is the ceiling fan/light over the island in the kitchen

So you can't find the switch? OR you just can't get it to work? Please explain further here so I understand what the whole issue is. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is no switch that we can find. We tried everything in the door panel at the back door because that's where over 1/2 our switches are. Nothing on the actual fan/light either we climbed on the counter top to try that.

No switches on the Island or on the sink backsplash? This should be a 120 VAC switch like a conventional light switch and not a small RV light switch.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No we searched all over the kitchen, lr,dining rm. His dad is here with us and has the same exact camper and can't find it.

I have an older model in my shop right now, so let me look there tomorrow and see if I can shed any light (no pun intended) on this.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. We are just baffled how we can't find a switch as his dad is lol. It's already weird that most lights are in the cabinet.

I'll have to admit, it is pretty strange...........and the first time I have seen a question like this one dealing with the fan.

On the one I have in my shop the switch is located on the wall going up to the bathroom and bedroom. Push style on and off. The fan and light have pull chains so you can operate either of them separately at the fan. Hope that proves helpful here.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No we have a front living room 2016 and there are no switches on the walls down stairs. We tried pulling the cords while flipping different switches and nothing. Same with his dad's. I will probably have to call manufacturer

You may have better service from a dealer.........

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you for trying. If you want to leave this open until tomorrow I will call the mfg and give you the answer. We are pretty tech and mechanical savvy and I'm sure we won't be the first. Thanks 😀

Sure..........I hope you can get a quick response!

Just checking back to see if they were able to shed some "light" on this for you?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sorry it's been long days at work. There is a switch in the back by the bedroom. Who ever designed that layout was crazy lol. Camping World had to search through a model on their lot. Hope that helps you if someone else asks 😀

What were they thinking???? Thanks for sharing that with me.

Randall
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification