RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 1991 Ford E350, 460 in my motorhome. There's a leak…

Customer Question
I have a 1991...

I have a 1991 Ford E350, 460 in my motorhome. There's a leak in the fuel system by or at the electric inline fuel pump. I need to know if the hose leading to the engine is just fuel line, or if there's a part number I need to order to replace, as it might be the source of the leak, right there at the pump.

Mechanic's Assistant: Leaks can get messy. The Ford Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

No chance. I have a mobile mechanic coming on Sunday to do the work, I just have to have the parts here. I have the pump, but don't know if I need to buy just fuel line by the foot, or if there's a part number for something special that connects at the pump.

Mechanic's Assistant: OK! The Ford Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?

It's old.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
2/21/2016
RV Mechanic: Dr.Carz, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Dr.Carz
Dr.Carz, ASE Certified Technician

Couple ways to replace the easiest is to use high pressure rubber fuel line around3-4 dollars a foot and some hose clamps and tie wraps and you are good to go. The other option is to run nylon line but requires fittings and specific unions to use. I would grab a 25 ft roll (If that is enough) of rubber. If more than 25' is needed then also grab a nipple to join the 2 together. Should be 3/8" hose. Good luck hope this helps keep me posted.

please remember to rate my services and Accept Thank You.