How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.Carz Your Own Question
Dr.Carz, ASE Certified Technician
Category: RV
Satisfied Customers: 303
Experience:  12 years of exp. 10 with ford on my third with all other makes.Just love cars
Type Your RV Question Here...
Dr.Carz is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 1991 Ford E350, 460 in my motorhome. There's a leak

Customer Question

I have a 1991 Ford E350, 460 in my motorhome. There's a leak in the fuel system by or at the electric inline fuel pump. I need to know if the hose leading to the engine is just fuel line, or if there's a part number I need to order to replace, as it might be the source of the leak, right there at the pump.
JA: Leaks can get messy. The Ford Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No chance. I have a mobile mechanic coming on Sunday to do the work, I just have to have the parts here. I have the pump, but don't know if I need to buy just fuel line by the foot, or if there's a part number for something special that connects at the pump.
JA: OK! The Ford Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: It's old.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

Couple ways to replace the easiest is to use high pressure rubber fuel line around3-4 dollars a foot and some hose clamps and tie wraps and you are good to go. The other option is to run nylon line but requires fittings and specific unions to use. I would grab a 25 ft roll (If that is enough) of rubber. If more than 25' is needed then also grab a nipple to join the 2 together. Should be 3/8" hose. Good luck hope this helps keep me posted.

Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

please remember to rate my services and Accept Thank You.