RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Where is the inverter located on a 2007 Travel Supreme

Customer Question
Insignia?...
Where is the inverter located on a 2007 Travel Supreme Insignia?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
2/20/2016
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert...

Normally an inverter is always located outside near the batteries, one cable from the inverter will go to the batteries, try and follow the cable many times there will be a large fuse mounted to the frame in between the converter and batteries. Sometimes they will stick these behind a false panel and a clue would be if the panel has a vent on it, the inverter needs air flow so it does not overheat. Very slight chance it is inside, I would look in the bedroom closet or near the breaker panel..... If you still can not find it please let me know, follow ups are included... Robert

I lost ac power down the r/h side of my coach this morning. Fridge, Microwave, all inverter powered outlets. I have a few ac outlets that are working. The battery charger is not charging either. I think the inverter needs a reset but I cant find it. It is a Magnum ME2012

That inverter will have two breakers on the side of it. Go to the house batteries and follow the cables see if you can locate the fuse between the batteries and inverter, many times that will be bolted to the chassis frame, it would have a cable on each side of it. It is a very large fuse, if you see that keep following the cable. From all my RV experience 90% of the time they are outside, look for a vented panel, if you see the cable going into the RV then go inside and see if it is in a cabinet, closet, under the bed etc. I do not know exact location but am familiar with that inverter. IF you would like to try another expert please let me know, my goal is for you to be satisfied with my efforts.... Robert

I found the large fuses. They are all good. Still trying to find inverter

SO that fuse is between the battery and inverter, follow the cable and see if it is going into a compartment or into the RV. Normally you would have some type of access panel if it is not in the open.

Just checking in to see if you found the inverter yet. Please let me know if you need more help as other experts might have some input on this... Robert