RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Familiar with model 7.5HDKAT41999M spec M? Onan generator…

Customer Question
Familiar with model 7.5HDKAT41999M spec...
Familiar with model 7.5HDKAT41999M spec M? Onan generator
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
2/20/2016
RV Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi Edward, My name is Dan.

Fault Codes

The genset controller provides extensive diagnostics by causing the status indicator

light on the Control Switch to blink in a coded fashion. Following a fault shutdown,

the indicator light will repeatedly blink one, two, three or four blinks at a time.

One blink

indicates shutdown due to high engine coolant temperature.

Two blinks

indicates a low oil pressure fault.

Three blinks

indicates a service fault. Press Stop once to cause the

two-digit, second-level fault code to blink. (Pressing Stop again will stop the

blinking.)The two-digit code consists of 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 blinks, a brief pause,

and then 1 to 9 blinks. The first set of blinks represents the tens digit and the

second set of blinks the units digit of the fault code number. For example,

Fault Code No. 36 appears as:

blink-blink-blink—pause—blink-blink-blink-blink-blink-blink— long pause—

repeat

Four blinks

indicates that cranking exceeded 30 seconds without the

engine starting.

Note:

Fault Code Nos. 3 and 4 are first level faults. Avoid interpreting them

as second-level Fault Code Nos. 33 and 44, which have not been assigned

as fault codes.

Restoring Fault Code Blinking

– The fault code stops blinking after five

minutes (15 minutes, Series HGJAA). Press Stop three times within five seconds to

restore blinking.

Note that the last fault logged will blink, even after the

condition that caused the shutdown has been corrected.

All the service required has been performed. From reading so many threads I am assuming I have to replace cuircut board. I have shop manual where I read the codes to look for. But I've done everything requested by the "3" blinks.
RV Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

Thanks for the update Edward, If you have run through the troubleshooting steps and it led you there then it sounds as you are likely heading in the right direction

RV Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved?

RV Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

Hi Edward, Did you still need more help with this?