RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2004 Journey with hydraulic slideouts. There

Customer Question
appears to be 2 "dogs"...
I have a 2004 Journey with hydraulic slideouts. There appears to be 2 "dogs" that remain extended on the front system that will not allow the complete retraction of the slide. Is there a way to mechanically retract the stops that will allow the last 12" of travel?
Thanks,
Allan
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
2/19/2016
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert.....

Can you send me a picture of what you are referring to? You should be able to add a photo into your reply. Was thinking this was a HWH system if that is the case I should be able to get a service manual...... I am around daily and respond when I can so if you need time to take some pictures that is fine... Robert

I believe you are correct about the HWH but I won't be able to take pictures until tomorrow. The dogs are about 1/2" thick located in each side of the cylinder and extend through a slot as the piston is extended. It appears they are designed to retract as the cylinder retracts but don't.

OK

Click HERE and see if this looks like any of them.....

not sure if if this is something Winnebago installed or it is an actual HWH component. Is there any type of switch involved for them? I can wait and have a look if you can send some pictures. Robert

I believe HWH is the hydraulic leveling system, my issue is with the slide-out which may not be hydraulic but would still have the mechanical stops as it extends.

OK

I am going to look into this some more.... I will let you know IF I find anything out, IF you can get some pictures it might help. Tomorrow is fine. IF I do not know the setup then I will put your question back up for other experts. Many times HWH will use both the jacks and slides, but I should be able to find out.....

Robert

I found a picture on page 192 of the Winnebago manual that shows the slide-out and parts numbers and possibly the small 1 1/2" long slot on the side of the tube but not clear enough to identify the component and how it swivels to retract.

OK

Let me check into this, I will respond either way later today. Robert

Not having much luck finding anything out on this, I am going to put your question back up for other experts, maybe another expert has dealt with this before. I do not know when another expert will respond. they come and go daily.... Robert

gene
gene
gene, RV Mechanic