RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a Dometic Frig NDM 1062 where the door light is

Customer Question
sporactic (works sometimes). I have...
I have a Dometic Frig NDM 1062 where the door light is sporactic (works sometimes). I have purchased a new door switch but see no way to replace the switch without major surgery (like drilling out the blind rivits.
Any tricks to replacing the switch?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
2/19/2016
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Did you test the old switch to see if that is the problem? Many times this is a result of a bad connection at the bulb or connections TO the bulb and not the switch. If you have a small digital multimeter we can do some testing first and be sure that this isn't something else. IF NOT, I can direct you in the switch replacement. All follow ups are included in our fee.

I am attaching a link to the exploded parts view on this for you. Part number 41. Is that the part you have? http://www.laurelhurstdistributors.com/parts/refrigerators/dometic/NDM1062_5.html