RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a dometic fridge. Freezer works well but bottom

Customer Question
i have a dometic fridge...
i have a dometic fridge. Freezer works well but bottom cooling unit is not getting colds enough. I forced cooled it by disconnecting the thermosister for 24 hrs.. Bottom cooler is cold. I thought it might be the thermosister.. I checked it with an ohm meter. 2000 ohms at ambient temp and 8500 ohms in ice water.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/17/2016
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

HI my name is Robert.....

So when you unplugged the thermistor the box got very cold? What is the model of the Dometic?

Robert

Normally if you unplug the thermistor and the box cools it is not an issue with the cooling unit which leaves the thermistor and lower circuit board. I would check the door seals as well, get a dollar bill and shut it inside the door, it should not want to fall and have some resistance all the way around the seal. Want to make sure they are not the issue. I know you ohmed the thermistor out and it test good but I might replace it before the circuit board as it is cheaper then a board. They also make one for many dometics that you can add an adjustable dial, click HERE to look not sure the model you have. If the thermistor does not take care of the issue it sounds like the board is the problem. Robert

Also if your model has a fan make sure it is coming on, make sure the upper vent is clear and nothing is laying on the back of the fridge. IF you need more help please let me know the model... Robert

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, I am around daily and respond when I can..

Robert