RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I'm ***** ***** and I have a slide out that the back end

Customer Question
Hi Nick,...
Hi Nick, I'm ***** ***** and I have a slide out that the back end seems to be about 1'' higher than the front making the top drag when moved. How do I adjust this.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Thhe slideout is in the retracted position and when I try to move it out the top drags and causes it to try to bind . if you look at it there is a 1" clearance on thee front end but noclearance on the back end at the top of the slideout.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — RV Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
2/14/2016
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 1 year ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

What is the make of your slide hardware? The adjustment varies by brand. Your coach manuals should give you that. Or give me the make and model of what this is in. I might be able to tell from that. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Its 33' 2000 seira wi3 slide outs

What is the brand of the slide hardware? HWH or Power Gear? Any name on the switch or keypad?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have no I know that is hydraluc
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it seems like I have a scam job here, all questions, no answers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do you have any idea of what I'm talking about?

Yes, I do.............and I have an RV shop myself. There are about 5 or 6 companies who make these systems for the various manufacturers. They don't all adjust the same way. But since you don't seem to feel comfortable with this question and answer format we use here, I will opt out of the question and allow another tech to offer something if they want. You are always free to ask for a refund if you don't feel this works for you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will ask for a refund. This is the second question I've had and still have not gotten an answer, but many questions..THANKS FOR NOTHING.

Look at it this way............you go to the doctor and tell him your stomach hurts. Do you want him to operate BEFORE he asks you a few questions? I think not..........and this format depends on getting some decent information on WHAT the system is first BEFORE we just throw out some lame answer. I suspect you will need to go into a shop and pay them to adjust this for you. Sorry it didn't work out for you. It has for over 9,000 customers I have personally assisted since being on this site that liked the service and the money it saved them. It doesn't work out for everyone though. And you are quite welcome!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm requesting a refund for acct #(###) ###-#### ***** # ***** due to getting all questions and no answer. Thanks ***** * *****
gene
gene
gene, RV Mechanic